* IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CHANGES TO DATA PROTECTION *
Ten years and one million pounds!
Allenton is one of 150 areas that have been awarded £1 million to make a lasting and positive difference in the community.
“Big Local” funding is a 10-year programme with the aim of making a significant difference to the local area and long-lasting change to the lives of the people who live and work in the area. You can read more about what Big Local is all about here.
It’s an exciting opportunity for residents around England to use at least £1 million to make a positive and lasting difference to their local community. The Allenton Big Local project is about bringing together all the local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live.
The four programme outcomes for Big Local are:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
Our vision for Allenton Big Local area is for a stronger community by bringing about visible change through raising aspirations, opportunities and skills.