Work Club is here to help
The Work Club is run by Derby Adult Learning service and is held on Mondays (except Bank Holidays) between 9.30am and 4pm at the Allen Park Centre (next to Allenton Library).
The support on offer from the Work Club can help to reduce some of the barriers that you may be facing in your search for work. Drop in on Mondays to use any of the facilities on offer, which include:
- Free access to computers, telephones and stationery.
- Training in the use of Universal Job Match using the 220Soft Universal Job Match training programme.
- Individual coaching and support for your job search.
- Evidence of job search activity to meet Job Centre Plus requirements for those claiming Job Seekers Allowance.
- Opportunities to meet other job seekers.
- Links to Allenton Library to enable jobseekers to use library facilities for independent job search.
- Referrals to Careers@Derby for on-site individual careers information advice and guidance.
This service is funded by Allenton Big Local, delivered by Derby Adult Learning and is totally free for local residents to use. Call in to talk to a member of the Work Club team if you or someone you know needs help with a job search or support with a career change.
You can read the latest report from the Work Club here.